
Do you remember when you were little and lots of letters came in the mail? I do! I remember being in college in Hawaii and going to the post office daily. We would wait with our friends to see who got a letter from home, who got one from a missionary(always the favorite) who got a care package. I was one of the lucky ones. My Mom and my future Mom in law wrote me lots of letters.The missionary--not so much(but I still have every one of them!) I also received care packages. I would receive coloring pictures from my little nieces. They would do leaf drawings, pictures of their family. They were very little. I still have those pieces of art that came in the mail. One time I was really missing the fall leaves so my smart Mom sent me a baggie full of dry leaves. It was the best smell in the world for a homesick girl.
Today snail mail is a thing of the past. Children today do not have the sheer joy of opening a little note from a friend. Email has taken over. Blogs and web pages have replaced handwritten notes.
However, Good Old Fashioned Snail Mail is still the best! I am lucky because occasionally my sweet Momma still sends a little note in the mail. Sometimes she even sends my angels a package.
Yesterday was a HAPPY MAIL day! My sweet niece, Brittany sent us a valentine. It was full of sweet nothings and had No words of any kind! This sweetie has been in a rough place in her life for a few years. She is just not sure of who she is or what she wants to do or should do. She is our little lost girl. She is in many a prayer. This little envelope of goodies from her brought tears to my eyes because it was so sweet, so Brittany. I hope that it is a good sign.
Think about someone you love and actually get out an envelope, a piece of paper and a stamp. It may be the very best $.39 you will ever spend. It could change a life!
1 comment:
I agree it's so nice to get something in the mail other than bills. I mailed out some valentines this year and it was fun to do.
btw I've been reading some of your blog and it's great. Thanks for commenting on mine so I could find yours.
I always wanted to go to Hawaii for school. You'll have to tell more!
Post a Comment