Friday, February 09, 2007

Letting go of Perfection!

Wow 100 posts! That is a lot of words!



I have been thinking about my last post-about not shrinking. Well, here goes.



I am a picture taker(I would write another word but creepy men do searches). I am not a professional. I love to take pictures. They are not always perfect. For a long time I have thought that I needed to get better and better before I would hang them on my walls. Well, I found a quote that made me think differently.



The answer is sacrifice. You have to give something up in order to get results that excite you and inspire the artist within. You must give up perfection! Perfectionism only provokes fear and fear is what holds us back in pretty much every area of our lives. I love the way Joe Buissink puts it when he says "There is no such thing as a perfect image, only a perfect moment". He is so right. If we allow our creativity to be tied up by the "rules" of photography, we'll find ourselves bored; creating those mediocre images that look just like everyone else's. Tara Whitney



So, I printed out a few of my less than PERFECT pictures. I even put one that isn't in sharp focus but yells of my angel baby's personality into a large frame.



Guess what? It made me happy!

No comments: