
The tree.
Does this tree look like any of you feel? It actually looks a lot like me lately. This poor tree has been in my basement. Ignored. Neglected. No one has given it any attention for much too long. It has patiently waited for someone to care about it. It held on to it's leaves as long as it could. It then decided that maybe it could lose a few and it would help it. Well, it finally was ignored so much that it started losing lots and lots of leaves.
Yesterday I decided to bring the tree upstairs. I was going to decide if it was going to be able to be saved or if it would have to be thrown out.
Have any of you ever felt like this poor tree? Like you have been ignored, abused and left to fend for yourself?
Well, let's take a good look at this poor tree. It has been ignored and abused. Most of it's leaves are gone, the ones left are bedragled and barely holding on. You must look more closely. This poor tree is trying to repair itself! It is trying so hard to hold on and do what it was put here to do. Grow leaves!
As I brought the tree up I really looked at it to see if I thought it was "worth the effort". Well, that poor little tree with 2/3 of its leaves on the floor has new little tiny leaves trying oh so hard to bud from the dry, dry, dry branches.
Maybe this tree is a reminder to all of us. We need to remember why we were put here. What is our calling, our job, our reason? The tree has inside of it to grow leaves. We were put here to magnify our inner light. To help others find their light. It is deep inside all of us. We need to let it out.
So if any of you are feeling like my poor tree, withered and neglected, remember that we all have that light within us. It is just up to us to let that light out and find ways to help it grow. We can't hang out in the basement waiting for someone else to water us. We must do it by ourselves. No one else has the ability to change us, only we can do that. So get out of that dark basement, find something that waters your soul. Find something that will help you to let your little green leaves grow.
(watering the tree wouldn't be a bad idea either!)
3 comments:
great insight and oh so true. Hope that tree gets revived- it's a nice one!
Sometimes just being around other "sympathetic" plants can help a plant grow - like planting basil around the bottoms of your tomato plants.
[To keep the metaphor going :) ]
Poor ficus! I had one just like it. I finally gave it to my SIL with a green thumb. I'm sure it will be much happier in it's adopted home. What does it say about me that I neglect my plants?
Post a Comment