Saturday, February 17, 2007

Saturday Is a Special Day

Saturday is a special day, it is the day we get ready for Sunday. We clean our house, and we shop at the store, So we won't have to work until Monday. We brush our clothes, and we shine our shoes, And we call it our get the work done day. Then we trim our nails, and we shampoo our hair, So we can be ready for Sunday!

Do any of you remember this song from when you were little? I do! I sure do wish that I was better at really preparing myself and my life for Sunday. We go to our church meetings early(9:00am) so there isn't a lot of time in the morning to get extra things done-it is difficult enough to get 5 bodies dressed and combed and in the car on time.

What are a few things that would help me prepare for a more peaceful Sunday?

1. Children bathed(most of them still like to take night time so--if I just remember it is great!)
2. Have church/diaper bag packed.(Books for baby, snacks, scriptures, paper, pencils, manuals etc) When I don't have this done(usually) I am rushing about and it makes us late.
3. Make sure everyone's church clothes are clean and ready---socks and shoes are a nightmare!
This is harder than it sounds. My angels are getting big enough to really do much for themselves and they balk at doing anything early!(wish me luck!)
4. Get myself up earlier than I think is necessary! This is SO hard for me. I struggle with mornings anyway so I just don't get up and moving like I need to.

Do any of you have anymore suggestions that would help me to have a peaceful Sunday? I can use all the help I can get. I am trying to go to my sweeties church after ours so it is a long day. The angels are really very good, so it works out mostly well.

I am going on a cruise next Saturday! So, this week I am not going to add any new habits for Smart Habit Saturday. I am going to try and get ready for our trip--and get my family ready. For those interested check back in--Lara, the Lazy Organizer is going to look at my pantry mess and give some suggestions. Who knows she may start hiring her services out!!! Here is a sample of my messy pantry! (Yes that is a pile of organizing bags from Lara-they are wonderful if you use them!)

2 comments:

Lara said...

I was worried about early church this year but I have actually been enjoying the challenge. I make sure we are home Saturday evening to take baths, get everything ready and go to bed early. We were ten minutes early to Church today and that never happens. I even had lunch in the crockpot! It helped that the kids got up at 7:30 on their own instead of me dragging them out of bed at 8:00.

You guys are too busy! When will you find the time?

Thanks for the photos. I'll work on my homework this week.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Per my daughter's request, we just sang that song today :)!!

The things on your list sound like a great way to make your Sabbath go more smoothly. One thing that also helps me is I pray first thing when I roll out of bed (I don't like mornings either) and I pray for help and strength to stay positive and to stay calm during the day.

Have fun on your cruise!