Friday, March 30, 2007

Smart Habit Saturday!

This has been an interesting week. I have been so busy-with what you ask? Well, cleaning the dreadful pantry! I worked on this mess for most of the entire week! It was a monumental task. It is almost finished! I am not going to post pictures until it is totally complete, however, the floor is empty! I also have some empty containers and totes!

Because I am going on my big trip this week I am not going to add a new habit.
I have a huge list that has to be accomplished.
These are the things that will be on my list , they have to be done before my trip!

I have thought about my Smart Habit Saturday goals. I really looked at my huge entry from last week. (it was long!) I really managed three of my habits well.
* I did amazingly well at keeping my counter clean. It makes a difference in my day!
* I finished listening to conference on my ipod. I need to read the Priesthood session(not available on audio), before tomorrow night.
* The big kids did so well practicing the piano this week. Boy has been trying to do it in the morning. That works alright, we struggle with getting up. I hope that this is a sign that we are doing better!

My other two(exercise and scripture study) habits did not fair well. I will try again! Obviously they are not habits yet!
I am planning on taking my ipod with me and I have 1/2 of the Book of Mormon on it. Hopefully, I will start to get better about actually listening to it!
Reading as a family has always been a struggle for us. We were doing really well a few weeks ago. Must recommit and go for it!

I am in the beginnng thought processes of designing a "division of labor" chart! While cleaning the FOUR bathrooms of my house today I decided that each of the three bigger kids are going to be in charge of a bathroom. They all live in this house, we all work together to keep it clean! I am going to really make it official--like we are a business. I am the CEO and they all have responsibilities. I am doing more work than I should--that is my fault. Hopefully, I can get this to help them take responsibility.

This motherhood stuff is hard. We were having one of those money conversations in the car. The Boy said that "it's Dad's money". I said that it is my money too, he and I work together to help take care of our family. Little Missy said "Mom's job is to take care of us!" At least one of the children understands that I do have a job, a job that is 24/7, with no sick leave, vacation pay or health plan! I get no pay raises and usually no one notices what I do!

I am taking all the "baby kisses" I can get. I think that those little sweetnesses must be what is to hold me over until the grandchildren come! I am also keeping many a little love note--to remind me that someone does notice me occasionally!

4 comments:

Peculiar Blogs said...

Have a fun trip and good luck on your habits. I am redoing some too!

John and Laura said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I agree--motherhood is way hard. I liked your reference to the "baby kisses" that will carry you through all the rest. Those moments are so precious, I would never change "jobs" even when my kids dump my breakfast cake mix into my sugar canister!! :)

--Minerva (from Making bread)

Kassie said...

Great job on finishing up the conference issue. That's something I always think about and rarely get to. Good luck on getting things done and ready for your trip.
Isn't it amazing how the kids think we have nothing we love more than to just 'take care of them'? Meaning 'clean up after them'. I do love taking care of them, but I also love playing with them and doing things with them which I have lots more time to do if they will step up and take care of the few piddly things I ask them to do. Someday, they'll get it.

An Ordinary Mom said...

"This motherhood stuff is hard." You could sure say that again! However, I know we are being blessed immensely for all the sacrifices we are continuing to make.

I like the idea of your CEO house cleaning plan. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Have a great trip and enjoy listening to your scriptures ... it will help your days go better!