Friday, May 02, 2008

Smart Habits Saturday

I haven't joined Smart Habits Saturday for a few weeks.

What has been happening? As always, tons! My last habit was about personal journals. Well, I haven't fallen in love with LDSjournals.com. I guess that I am just familiar with blogger. I think that I may get a private blog that I write more personal information on.

I have been asked to explain blogging at my church's women's enrichment night. Ok? I am not an expert. However, I will try.

Why do I blog? I started blogging because it sounded interesting. Now I blog because I have realized that I am actually keeping my personal history. I record many more details of my life here on this blog than I write anywhere else. I have yet to master a paper to pen journal.
So---my blog has become a type of journal for me.

I found a site Blog2Books, that offers a program(free) that you can download so that you can print your entire blog(or parts). It is saved to a pdf file and then you can either print it at home or take it to a printing store(Kinkos) and have them print it and bind it. I actually figured out how to do this today. There are still some things(many) that I don't understand but I managed to get a hard copy of the first five months I had my blog. It was fun to look back at it. I feel that it is a new type of journal.

So, my New Habit? Well, I am going to really work on my life goals. Those ones that I have talked about forever. I won't bore you with the exact details. However, I have been very tired this week. I can tell, my house is suffering. I am suffering. So, I am going to try and stay
FOCUSED. I know WHAT I need to do. I just need to do it!

I am also going to schedule a bit of creative play time. I want to try some watercolor pencils. They look like they would be fun. I have also decided that I want to just start doodling again. I used to do this all the time. Now, the only doodling I do is on the phonebook!

I hope that I can actually feel energetic enough to work in my flowers. They are crying for love. That is if it doesn't snow again!

for more Smart Habits Saturday visit the Lazy Organizer

7 comments:

Sherri said...

Your blog is so cute!!!! I am sure you will do great teaching Enrichment!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip about printing a blog as a book. My blogaversary is coming up in July - that would be a good time to print out my blog. :-)

Good luck on accomplishing your life goals. I am accomplishing and writing about 51 things to do this year. Writing about them so consistently has helped me to be more on target with actually doing them instead of just talking about them.

I like the idea of including creative play into your life. I've scheduled that for one time a month. last month I sewed a few felt daisies.

Thanks for sharing.

Beth said...

I am glad you figured out how to print! Yay; isn't it a good feeling to have a hard copy of your blog? I stink at journaling lately, too (besides blogging) so I can relate. :-) (And yeah, I checked out LDS Journals after you recommended it .. kind of like the idea but never got completely on board.)

Good luck on your presentation!!

Anonymous said...

I think journaling is something that a lot of people need to work on. I know I'm one of them for sure. Good luck with your blogging and I hope the Enrichment Night goes well for you.

GumbyandPokey said...

Hi! I came over from Lara's blog. I'm so glad that you posted about this blog printing idea. I have a friend who has been searching and searching for the best way to print her blog. Even though she's found lots of programs out there, they weren't what she wanted. Can I ask, how did you find this one??
(cindimartineau@gmail.com)

I'm currently using Blurb for 8 months of last year. I might switch over to this Blog2Books site for the next round though!

Thanks again!

Cindi

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

I used Blurb to have 2007 all printed into a hardcover book. Love it! I thought it was easy to use, and I love having it as a hardcover.

Lara said...

I would love to print my blog too. It will be very long! You'll have to show me yours. Did you do it in color?

So are you going to make blogging addicts out of the entire relief society? Save yourselves!