
Pioneer Trek. For many that phrase brings feelings of dread. After our experience this week I will always have a smile when I hear those words. We headed to Wyoming with a busload of about 50 young single adults and their leaders(and our two oldest children) to have a pioneer type of experience. We were dressed in pioneer period clothing(with the exception of sunglasses, underarmour and good shoes!)We had all researched the events that happened to the Willie and Martin handcart companies in the year 1856. We expected to learn about that more in depth. What we had was much more than hiking in pioneer clothing.
It was a life experience.



1 comment:
So glad this was a good experience for you. The pictures brought back memories of our little one day trek last year. Wish we could have done a longer one.
I imagine that you feel just a bit more in awe of those pioneers than before you walked in their footsteps. I know I do.
Post a Comment