Happy Valentine's Day!
Twenty two years ago on February 11 my Dad died tragically. It forever changed our lives. It also changed a simple thing such as Valentine's Day. For the majority of the last twenty two years I have felt a heaviness around Valentine's Day. Quite a negative feeling. I didn't make much mention of it. I would tell my Mr. Sweetness to not worry about getting me anything, it was just a commercial holiday made so men would have to buy women presents.
Last year I started to feel a change. I started to realize that I was allowing a tragic event in my life steal a holiday from me. Hadn't too much been lost already? I was allowing a special day that is dedicated to love to be lost.
This year the resolve was even stronger! I reclaimed Valentine's day! I decided that never again would I allow this special day to be tainted by a tragic event. I would forever more try and celebrate this day with gusto.
So---I decorated my house and bought vintage Valentine's(for me to send). I made and bought lovely desserts for my book club, even decorating the table for the season.
I found darling little goodies for my sweet babies--just little things to let them know that I love them. It became a P.J. party! I ordered matching p.j's for me and the girls a few weeks ago. I decided to get the boys in on the party. Well, on Thursday, I received a package----it was a PajamaGram!!!! My sweetie had sent me pajama's! It was wrapped in a lovely velvet bag with a sleeping mask and lovely dark chocolate. They were even monogrammed! It was totally going to be a Pajama Valentine's Day!
This morning was full of fun. We opened up our packages, p.j's for everyone!!! (I didn't get a picture of everyone) We made a super breakfast and just spent some time together before church. I was wearing my jammies from D but the girls wanted a picture of us in our matching jammies. I have never done the matching jammies, even for Christmas---I think that I may have to start!
2 comments:
I LOVE the jammies and the fun treats! Great job on enjoying the holiday!
You rock!
Post a Comment