Sunday, a day of peace. A day of worship, a day of feeling the Spirit.
Well, that is the goal of any Christian mother---does it always happen? Not at my house. I want to say that I failed miserably at my Saturday preparations. Well, I actually did average. I did get all clothes ready and children bathed. Packing the bags- no, getting up extra early, no(set alarm and layed there!). We did make it to church on time. However, we had a very tense teenager moment while at church. I won't bore you with details. Not a huge deal but a huge reaction. Mostly from me, probably more than necessary.
To say the least the Spirit was not strong for me or my child. I have no answers as how to touch or reach, I am at a loss. It is a lonely and scary place to be. I am sorry to all parents that have already raised children and to all who are going through it now. Mom, I am sorry that all your children were mean and ugly and that everything was your fault.
Sometimes don't you just want to go and take a long, long nap and wake up when they are pleasant and you are not stupid and the reason for every problem in their lives is not yours? I do. I also want someone to really tell me what to do instead of smurking because they have been there. I want someone to actually have some guidance, true wisdom that actually helps. The smurking just makes me realize that I am part of a club. A club that most have gone through. A club that we join involuntarily. I don't want to just be part of the club, I want to have some guidance to get us to the other end of the club.
Not the best Sunday at my house.
5 comments:
It is not fun when things don't go the way we have planned. I definately don't envy you having a teenager. My kids are still babies (3 & 1). I will enjoy this time while I am here. I hope things work out with your teen!
BTW...thanks so much for the tips. I will have to look into them. We had already planned on going to the PCC. It is supposed to be amazing. Have a super time on your cruise too!
Hey Rosie,
I hate to say it, but you commented on my blog last night, and I can't seem to remember you. My url is mommamammoth, I'm a member too, but could you let me know some more about you at janinehodder@yahoo.com?
You have a great blog, btw. I sang Keeping Sheep in church a couple of years ago, I could barely get through it without crying!
I wish I had advice... my oldest is only 8. But she's giving me plenty of attitude and thus practice for the teenage years ahead. May your next Sunday be better than your last.
My husband and I read a wonderful book and we are re-reading it. It's called The Soft-Spoken Parent by H. Wallace Goddard. It is the BEST book about nurturing relationships with your family members, just written with so much love & great insights. There is a link on my blog (cardonsinva.blogspot.com). Everyone keeps telling me- a 12 year old is like a 2 year old, 3 year old like a 13 year old. Etc. You get the same tantrums in a different size body. Is that true? If so, heaven help me when my kids are teens.
Rosie, wish I had some great advice. I just wanted to let you know I feel your pain. My dh was just released from a bishopric calling(2nd C) in Aug. When he was called I was 8 mo preg with #6 and had #7 in Jan of 06. So for those 5+ years I had the privilege of getting 6-7 kids ready for and to church on time by myself. Some days I really wondered why I bothered. But I told myself that I wanted them to learn that we go to Church, no matter what. I think what worked for me was not having too high of expectations for myself or my kids and just being grateful when we managed to get there on time with hair combed and teeth brushed. Somehow we made it through and I'm sure you will as well. I admire you and your committment to not only attend your own meetings but those of your dh's ward as well. That is amazing. You will be blessed for the support you are giving him.
Love your blog, btw. How cool to know the Lazy Organizer. Hope you had a great trip.
Post a Comment