Thursday, March 08, 2007

One big mess!

Oh where to begin? I have been home from our fabulous trip for almost an entire week. One would assume that that would be enough time to get caught up. Well, I keep working but it doesn't ever seem to change! My friend Lara and her family came by last night and got to witness the mess first hand. She looked in my messy pantry to help with organizing it.

Do any of you just wonder how those other people seem to keep everything neat all the time? I do? I keep trying but basically just keep my messes at a dull roar, ready to burst into flames at any moment!

So, with that I am going to go and try and get something accomplished. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to actually keep children(and parents) doing the things that they have been taught? Mine are getting worse, not better!

2 comments:

Crissybug said...

I am trying to get back into normal life myself! Don't worry...things will smooth themselves out.

Also...I think we are all messier than one may think. It is kinda like the saying..."you never know what is going on behind closed doors." There are the few that have a spanking clean house, but not many. So keep trying, but enjoy life in the process!

Amy B. said...

life just happens. some weeks we do well and the house looks good ans some weeks I don't want anyone to see it. ;)

thanks for your comment on my blog. I thought I would come here and post the directions to the purse to be sure you saw them. I took a pair of size five girls jeans and cut them off right at the crotch (man I hate that word, lol!) Then I sewed up the bottom. I added 18" straps, which were perfect for my dd, but for myself I would do 22" just to be long enough. the straps are cut from the legs of the jeans, 18" x 3". I folded the denim over heavyweight interfacing and then sewed ribbon over the top of that. have fun with the project! it's so fast and easy and looks cute!