Thursday, July 19, 2007

Catch up day!

Woa Nellie! What a busy three days! I am now trying to catch up on laundry that hasn't been done and trying to get us ready to go to Grandma's house!


Tuesday I spent the day at the amusement park with 6 children. Amazingly, we did great! We didn't have any meltdowns, bickering of any kind. It was hot, hot, hot! I hung out in kiddie land and enjoyed watching the little guy. He is just getting so big. He holds his arms up now as he goes around on the rides--so cute! There are a couple of newer rides that adults can ride on with the kids, the littler ones have to have an adult-so, I went. They are the type that take you up high and drop you. These were my kind of rides. They were high enough and they dropped just fast enough to feel it but not FEEL it. Little guy just giggled and giggled!


Wednesday I spent the entire day with my very best friend for her birthday. We went to the brand new IKEA store! It was an amazing store. Quite an experience. Unlike any other store I have ever been in. So many possibilities! I came out with cork bulletin boards and a darling hot pink swivel desk chair for the Big girls desk project.


We then went to this great little shopping spot that has all these old homes that they have relocated there. Guess what? I found my bed! I have been looking for a headboard for years. I actually purchased one a year ago and then called and told them not to bring it. I knew it wasn't what I wanted. When I saw this bed I knew it was the one! Luckily for me, it was a fabulous price as well! 1/2 of what I was going to pay on the one I didn't want! So, I bought it. I won't have it for awhile, it is being made. I am hoping that I can get my room painted before it comes and find a new bedspread to go on it!!! This is major for me.


Better get to packing! I am so excited to just relax a bit. My Mom has the most heavenly porch in the entire world. It is certainly a slice of heaven. We sit on it as much as possible. We also will be swimming at the river which is only a block away. We will also be playing with the boat on the reservoir! The big parade is on Saturday and that is a great tradition. This year the route has been adjusted due to construction so it is going directly in front of Mom's house! Yeah! we don't have to go anywhere!


Here are pictures that shows one really nice thing about having such an age difference in kids!

No comments: