Monday, October 13, 2008

Heavenly Fire

"There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity." -Washington Irving


Ever wonder if you have that heavenly fire? I often berate myself for all the things that I am not doing "good enough." I have dirty baseboards, dirty carpet, dusty shelves, goobers on the wall, laundry that is overtaking the house, I haven't seen the top of my dresser for more than a year. I am not very patient, I don't read my scriptures enough, our family home evenings are not very well planned, my food storage is quite minimal, I yell too much, I eat too much, don't exercise enough, don't write thank you notes. And on and on and on----

Yet--if one of my children is hurting the Momma Bear in me comes out. I have always known this--Now I have a new term --

Heavenly Fire

I like the sound of it.

No comments: