"Time flies!"
I remember when I would just shake my head when "older" people would talk about how fast time goes. I remember just wanting it to go faster so I would be 12, 16, graduate, go to college, etc.
Now I understand.
My son is now 12. This is a very important age in our church(LDS). At 12 most boys are interviewed and if found worthy they are given the Priesthood. Which is a very rich blessing! They begin as Deacons and have certain responsibilities that they take care of.
Today my son left to gather Fast offerings. These are donations from members that are used to help people in need. They are called fast offerings because as members we are encouraged to fast for two meals once a month. The money that we would have spent on those two meals can be donated to help those that are in need. In our church services today he will help prepare and pass the Sacrament to the congregation.
Time flies---Now I understand.
No comments:
Post a Comment