I am on a quest. I am buying new couches. This sounds simple enough. Go to the furniture store, pick something I like, buy it, wait for it to be delivered.
This is what has happened in the past. Take husband. Walk around and around until he finds something that he likes. I don't like it so we keep looking.
4 1/2 years ago I went on a couch quest. I thought that I had found them. I bought them and waited for them to be delivered. When they arrived I tried to convince myself that I liked them. I knew right away that they were not something that I loved. I tried for days and days to love them. I just couldn't do it. So, I sent them back, and the glider that I got just because it was close to something that would coordinate(it was ugly but hubby is a rocker---I was trying to please him).
I attempt again. This time I decide to get two recliners instead of a sofa. Leather is always good.
I should have had them put them back on the truck. I knew the minute they were in my house that I hated them. The leather looked like a bad spray paint job. So, these too got sent back!
I stopped shopping for furniture for awhile. I thought that it wasn't a good idea to shop while pregnant. A year or so later I found some furniture for the piano room. Hubby thought that he hated it in the store. I loved it, still do! It is the most comfortable furniture and it looks great too!
We went to buy a headboard. Hubby went with me. I felt pressured by he and the awful salesman. I knew right then and there that I didn't really love the bed but I thought that it would do. I called the next day and canceled the order--I knew it wasn't what I wanted. I will not spend money on something that I don't feel completely comfortable with.
While shopping with Tina I found the headboard/footboard I wanted. I love it---from the first moment.
Last year I needed a dining room table.(Six didn't fit around our 17 year old Shopko special) I looked and looked---by myself. I chose a table and chairs. Mr. Sweetness told the kids to not get attached, it would be gone by Tuesday! I Love my table. I have had it a year and I still love it!
Moral of this story? Don't take Mr. Sweetness shopping! It only took 18 years and two sets of returned furniture for him to relinquish the shopping to me! Now if only I was sure about what to get. The furniture is changing. 1/2 of the choices are HUGE sectionals. Some of them are gorgeous--but they will not work in my house. There are so many that are so ugly! I have gone around RC Willey's numerous times trying to dodge the same salesman that pressured me before. He wouldn't leave me alone! Talk about the hard sale!
I have found a couch and loveseat that I think that I like. I am going to go to a different showroom to see how it looks there. Why is this so hard?
1 comment:
Are you kidding me. Shopping for furniture is one of the hardest things to do as a couple! I have no advice, it's just plain hard. Good luck, but I would like to go with you!
Post a Comment