Wednesday, June 24, 2009

To become a runner

I want to become a runner.

I have been talking about this for years. Well--yesterday I actually made progress!
I ran 1.9 miles without stopping! This is big news for me! Two years ago, before I hurt my foot I had finally worked up to 4.5 miles. Since the injury I haven't been able to get beyond 2 without my foot really hurting for days. So, I was aware of my foot after the run yesterday and it is slightly noticeable today but nothing like it has been forever. Perhaps I am on the mend. Perhaps I can actually get passed the 3 mile hurdle. I have read so many peoples thoughts about running, saying that the first 3 miles are the hardest. So---I am getting closer! I am taking days off in between for protection of the foot--maybe someday I can run more often!

Hopefully, someday I will be able to run a bit faster than that man!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Keep it up!!! Stretch you feet/ankles, go slow, no one says you have to run a 9-10 min mile. Work up to that later. Just do the distance. It might not be a bad idea to ice your foot too! =)
I'm rooting for ya'!!