I am one of those people that is over critical of myself. It is usually easy to find wonderful, good things in other people. I can overlook some of their faults or quirks because of the way that they were raised. I can look and see that they are usually really trying their hardest to make a good life.
When it comes to myself I can rarely see the good things that I do. I am always judging what I have done with what I KNOW I could or should be doing. Unfortunately, my Mr. Sweetness usually gets the brunt of me feeling inadequate--usually through irritation over a messy house, rude children, poor cooking etc.
Why is is that as women we do this? Why are we so eager to see the good in other people but are so terribly harsh on ourselves?
1 comment:
I don't know why we do it, but I think we ALL do. We are our worst critics! Maybe you can start small, and each day find just ONE thing that you are proud of. Even if it is just brushing your teeth. Celebrate! Now I just need to practice my advice!
Post a Comment