We watch very little t.v. around here. I let the kids watch a bit here and there but I rarely watch anything. However, I really enjoy watching The Biggest Loser on NBC. This is the show about very overweight people trying to lose weight. Last night something on the show struck me---it really made me think.
This gal is working with the crazy trainer Jillian. She is working them HARD. She has a stool that she wants the gal to jump on. It isn't really that high, I have jumped on them when I was in my boot camp class. This is the low one, there are higher ones. This gal watched everyone else jump up on this step. Many of them are heavier than she is. She can't do it. She is absolutely freaked out by this step. She works on it on her own, others try and motivate her, help her, almost willing her to get her legs up enough that she is up on this step. She has done much harder things in the gym than this step, however, she is so stressed about this step.
Do we each have these steps in our lives? The things that we keep walking up to but just can't quite get ourselves to jump up on? I know that I do. Why do we do this to ourselves, especially when we CAN do these things. What is the mental block that stops us from achieving our goals. Where do these blocks come from? What are the steps to overcoming these blocks.
I think that the first step has to be recognition. I feel that many times we skirt around things. We just keep plugging along, doing all the things in this life that take up so much time and energy but don't add up to much satisfaction. I am not saying that we can stop doing many of these things because if I stop we don't have clean undies and those are important. However, maybe my focus needs to change. Instead of worrying and fussing about the laundry I should just do it as well as possible, and move on. Move on to something that gives me MORE.
More what? More joy and more satisfaction. More beauty and creativity. More Love and Kindness. More of things that really matter in life. Relationships with others. Service and devotion. Even better health.
I am going to get up on that step!
No comments:
Post a Comment