Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Busy Days

I have been so busy! The reunion was great! It was so much fun. My camera wigged out on me, so I have exactly one terrible picture! Oh, well! I was having too much fun visiting to take pictures anyway. Sometimes we need to be in the moment not just recording the moment.

I had a strange feeling after the reunion. A sort of void. I realized that some of these friends from so long ago, some that I have known since kindergarten are not part of my regular life. I realize that in this life things are ever changing and it is impossible to stay in contact with every person you have ever cared about. There is a poem about a friend leaving footprints on your heart. However, there are a few people that I felt like they just really should be more a part of my life, even if that amounts to Christmas cards. Strange how these things turn out! It was fun to be (for the most part) past all of the cliques and such that dominate HS. I noticed most people really trying to talk with many people. It was too short, there were people that I did not get to talk with. My dear friend Laurel was "elected" (hijacked is more like it) into heading up the next reunion. I am assuming that means that I will be helping her. She is an organized person though, she is already thinking about people that were not located, found websites, etc. She is amazing and I know that the time will go quickly.

One more thing!!!! We all looked pretty good! I was surprised that more people didn't look worse for the wear. Perhaps they actually do but I am familiar with their faces already and I am mature enough to look past the flab, wrinkles, baldness and gray hairs! I reallyonly noticed one gal that looked like life has been rough on her. The rest looked pretty good. I was so thrilled to not have lots of extra weight on me!!!! I actually bought a size 10 pants!!!! That is cause for celebration! I know, I am so vain.


On another note, Miss A is driving me nuts. I am hoping that this hormonal jr high thing ends and she gets better. She has a streak in her that causes me so much stress. I am constantly worried, she doesn't seem to have any common courtesy or common sense. I just pray she will outgrow this stage without something really terrible happening.

No comments: