Sunday, September 10, 2006

What a change

Within ten minutes of that last post Miss E became a terrible stinker. I just don't know what to do with her. She is the most stubborn of my children and it hardly seems to phase her if she gets into trouble.
I am home from church in between meetings because my heart is so heavy because of her. She is constantly screaming or being screamed at. M usually has her going but not always. She is just so strong willed that she is constantly in trouble. I just really don't know what to do with her. What I have done in the past just doesn't work. She was good in the morning for quite a few days, only becuase of the reward. That is totally missing the point! I understand the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic and I really don't want the only reason that she is "nice" in the morning because she is going to be able to get a treat. I have tried to have the talk about how she feels when she is happy and gets things done. I just don't know how to get through to her on an ALL THE TIME basis. I am going to have to try something totally different with her. It has to be constant. I remember when we were watching TV and the show Super Nanny was on. She was fabulous, I may have to revisit her techniques. I also think that I may have to turn some of it over to Heavenly Father because I don't like the way that I feel towards this child of mine.
Well, now that I have put these thoughts out there I hope that I can find some solution. I know that I am not the only mother to really have a challenging child. Compared to many, my problems are minor, I do realize this, however, when you can actually understand where the point is people get to that abuse their children it is pretty awful. Hopefully, after a couple hours away from her I can deal with her a bit better--how awful does that sound?! Pretty awful.

1 comment:

Lara said...

My day wasn't any better than yours as you can see from my blog.

My kids are so easy and yet I still complain! I have so many good parenting books if you want to borrow them. Yet I still lose my mind at least once a week.

But I'm getting better. I think that's all we can do as parents. Beat them a little bit less today than we did yesterday.

Call me if you ever need to talk.