Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Patriotic Children


Tonight was the bi-annual patriotic program. The entire elementary school participated. It was fabulous. The students have been working on these songs since school started. The football stadium was lined with American flags, the kids were in Red, White and Blue and the excitement was in the air. The entire football field was full of parents, grandparents, etc. It really is one of the blessings of living in a smaller community, there is just a feeling of community that I don't know would be present in a larger place.

As the kids were singing a tribute song to all the different branches of the military and those that served in those branches stood, I got all choked up! We are all so blessed to have men and women that are willing to serve this country so that we can be protected. I hope that my children will always remember doing these programs, and somehow have that patriotism printed on their hearts. People with big hearts, that is the goal.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Your blogs haven't been picked up by bloglines for some reason so I didn't think you were posting!

I'm glad you had so much fun at your reunion. I have never been to one of mine. I really doubt anyone goes to them anyway. I've heard that the people who still live there don't even go.

I really want to do that photo shoot you promised. Oh well, maybe next week.

Rosie said...

I have had that happen on a few. It is random. Are you feeling better? Let's plan the pictures. I hope that the weather gets better, outside photos are so much better than inside!