Saturday, September 09, 2006

It's over!

The surgery is over! It was a rather freaky experience. I got in there and they were measuring again, and found that my cornea was very thin. There was a possibility that they wouldn't be able to do the surgery. Not something to say to a woman on Valium with her eye clamped open with metal clips! They decided to make the cut and then measure again, it always is thicker than the computer records, then if there was enough they would go ahead with the laser. If not they would put the flap down and I would go on my way--blind! Well, they did the entire thing.
I was home for an hour or so when the numbing meds wore off. It hurt like crazy! I had my pj bottoms wrapped around my head and sunglasses! I am sure I was a site! I finally fell asleep and woke up feeling much better!
I can see! I actually could see the clock this morning(awake at 4:10am what's up with that?) I can see right now better out of my right eye than my left, I hope that that balances out because I am not a candidate for a touch up. Scary, scary!
I have an appointment this morning for the follow up---hopefully all is well!
Hopefully here is to NO MORE GLASSES (at least until age happens and I need reading glasses!)

2 comments:

Lara said...

That's good news! It's weird how quickly you can see isn't it. I was surprised how colorful everything looked. When things aren't blurry they look a lot prettier!

Time Traveller said...

ARGH! they actually cut off a layer of your eye and flap it back down!!! That must REALLY hurt!

I've been thinking about the surgery for a few years now, but i just can't stand the thought of someone cutting my eye open when i'm awake! It would be nice to never have to wear contacts or glasses again though.