
Today seemed to really make it official! SUMMER IS OVER! Dave took down the pool! He started to drain it a few days ago but today was the day that it was torn apart. It was almost a sad thing. The kids have had so much fun. It certainly was more fun than going to Lagoon! M, E, and W have had so much fun with it, they have been the main three in it. All the others have been in it but not to the extent of those three.
So ode to summer! The pool is gone and the air is cooler, the leaves are changing, the days are getting shorter---every day we are inching our way to the dark, dark, days of winter. I often just dread the dark and dreary days of winter. Summer is just too short in this northern country. We all need to move to somewhere that is not full of people but has the climate of San Diego!!! Perhaps we wouldn't really enjoy it as much if we didn't have to deal with the big bad W! So, enjoy these last warm days, drink in the last of the summer flowers, enjoy those summer skirts and sandals, boots, coats, hats and snow are on their way!! The only good thing is I will get to go skiing!!!! Yeah for one bright light in a dark and dreary season!!!
1 comment:
I want to go somewhere in January. For the whole month. I don't think I can take another winter like the last one. It was so cold! I know I'm going to be stranded in this house. Will you come visit me in your four wheel drive? At least we can blog together.
Post a Comment