Monday, August 27, 2007

Back to School...finally!






As is normal for my life, we have been quite busy! We finally got the kiddies back to school on Friday. They both made it the entire day without incident! So far nobody else has seemed to be affected by the sickies.

Saturday we went to #2's football game. They won 42-0. That is a score that just makes you feel badly for the other team. Our team actually really tried to not run the score up. They tried to slow up and put people in different positions than normal. Such is life.

Saturday afternoon we went boating with my cousin, her hubby, four year old and 12 year old. It was a great afternoon. We had so much fun hanging out with them. She is like the little sister that I never had. She only had brothers so we were close when we were little.

It seems that this day-Monday consisted of about three days!


I MADE IT TO THE GYM!!!!! That is almost a miracle. This summer has just killed me. I got on the scale and it was frightening! I knew that I had gained weight. I am not that blind. However, to actually have the truth in front of me--it was awful. One good note, at this same weight two years ago, I wore two pants sizes bigger. So there is proof about muscle weighing more than fat. At least I had developed some muscle in the process and it helped me a bit! So, now back to a more normal routine. I have to really focus on exercising hard. I know that I need it. I also know that for some reason I am a slacker! It is so easy to tell myself to take a break, stop sooner, etc. I know that I have to work HARD!


My sweet little #4 needed a new bike. He had inherited the bike that has been in the family since #1 was about 3 years old. It has served us well. However, the tire is actually falling off. It is not the easiest thing to ride. So, today was the day.


He was so excited! We found him his bike and he rode it through the entire store! He even rode it out to the car. We had to take it inside with us once we got home. We then went to visit Grandma and Poppa. We had to wash the wheels and bring it back in. We took it to #1's tennis match(she won!) washed it again(dirty tires) and brought it back in. I think he likes it!


Here is a picture of my sweet little boy. Off exploring the world!


3 comments:

Crissybug said...

Whoo Hoo! I know all parents are excited to send their kids off to school. I am still a couple years from that, but that's okay.

I have to say that your oldest is such a doll! She really is so beautiful!

Congrats on getting to the gym. I too have been slacking in that area. Between vacations, and swim class, and then getting pregnant...I hardly got there this summer! It feels so nice to get back and in a groove. Good luck on reaching your goals of weight loss!

Ginny said...

Glad school went well! Mine start after labor day, so we still have a few days. Glad your little one got a new bike! I always feel bad for the youngest ones that get all the hand me downs, lol. (Totally not being rude, my youngest get all the hand me downs too, only makes sense!)

Lara said...

Ahhhh, how cute!

I've got to hit the gym hard because I have gotten chubby too.

I'm happy that you are enjoying your new washing arrangements!