Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Less Noise

After a very busy summer we are slowly getting back into a more "normal" routine. That is such a good thing!

For the 3 of you that read regularly you might remember that one of my Smart Habit Saturday habits was to have a clean counter. Well, I have jumped back on the bandwagon with that habit! Moving my washer/dryer downstairs is helping immensely with the mess in my kitchen/dining room. So far I am glad that I decided to try this. My two bigger kids are basically piglets! Ok, the other little two are also! However, with the washer/dryer upstairs off the kitchen the big kids would undress in front of the washer and then take some clean clothes off the rod in the bathroom. I got so tired of having dirty laundry on the kitchen floor! Well, they are also terrible at keeping their rooms from being a fire hazard. Now that the laundry is near their bedrooms I am much more on top of their messes. This is a good thing. Perhaps they will start to learn to actually put their dirty stuff in the basket that is right next to them. One can only hope!

Another benefit of the laundry being downstairs is that I no longer feel the mental "noise" that having it visible constantly created. I realize that laundry is never finished, however, with it in my sight ALL DAY I was always working on it and it never seemed to get better. Now, I can go and do a load, fold it, put it away and then close the door. I don't have to look at it every minute. It makes a huge difference!

What have you discovered that has helped get rid of some "noise" in your life? For more ideas go to the Lazy Organizer and check out her Smart Habits Saturday--it's lots of fun!

No comments: