Saturday, August 04, 2007

Smart Habit Saturday

I have not posted anything for Smart Habit Saturday for awhile. I have been trying to work on my list. I have made tiny bits of progress. However, completion on any project is evading me!


I am hoping that this week I can really focus on a few projects and complete them. There are so many other things that also have to be done this time of year to prepare for school.


I have also been thinking about one of my older habits-making my kids be more responsible. Well, that comes and goes. We were out of town visiting and it was very difficult because it isn't their normal. So, that will go back on the front burner. I have to get them to focus again. Little things like putting their shoes away. Hanging up their jackets and backpacks. We have lived in this house for six years and we have had a shoe shelf that entire time. We also have hooks for coats and backpacks. After all this time one would think that it would automatically happen. Shoes would be put on the shelf. Well, it doesn't. Mr. #2 is the very worst. I will say, pick up your shoes and go and put them on the shelf. DO NOT THROW THEM. He will open the door and throw them! Just today I had to make him walk back out and actually put them on the shelf. He had every pair of shoes he owns dropped on the floor.



So I will continue to work on having the kids be more responsible. For their own things and for the house.


I am also going to reevaluate how I waste my time so that I can be more productive.


I hope that you are all working on some great habits.


OH!! awhile ago I posted about a person that hadn't finished painting a room in 11 years. Well, she read my post and figured out it was her--surprised her to think that it was that long---anyway she is painting!! It looks wonderful and is almost finished! Now if only I could finish some of my projects!!!



For more great ideas check out the Lazy Organizer.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm right there with you on kids picking up after themselves. I'm working with my three year old on the same kind of stuff. We have a shoe box in the entry way {would love a bench with shelves}. It's not automatic with him but he listens to me more often when told to put his shoes in there. If he is in a 'helping is fun' mood it's so much easier. My hubby has designated space for his uniforms and the dirty hamper is downstairs right by the washer, you'd think he'd have a habit of putting his stuff where it belongs too. No such luck.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your kids!

I need to do that, too. Mine are still pretty young, but there is always something they are able to do!