When was the last time you pulled your washer and dryer out and cleaned behind and underneath them?
I have lived in my house for six years and haven't done it ever. I have pulled the things out that fall behind it on occasion. But actually taking them out and cleaning underneath? Never!
This is a public service announcement. Go and pull out your dryer and check your vent hose. We are in process of moving the washer/dryer to my basement utility room so we pulled them out the other night. We were shocked by what we found. Our dryer vent hose was completely broken! When you would look back there it looked fine because it was squished a bit. However, if it is completely open imagine what fumes were escaping. I am a believer in Divine Intervention. I think that there was a reason we moved the dryer at 10:30 PM. I am grateful that we didn't have any situations because of the vent.
Go and really check your dryer vent hose--make sure it hasn't got holes or cracks in it. New hose is cheap.

1 comment:
Gross! Good job on your list! I'm doing good with my goal of making my husband do things. Yay me!
Post a Comment