Monday, August 06, 2007

Calgon, take me away!

Ever want to run away? I do today. I have a 7 year old that is pushing her limits. She has been a very, very difficult child for the last 2 1/2 years. She has a terrible middle child situation.

I am at the end of my rope with her. I would like her to go and visit someone for the next three weeks.

Any suggestions?

4 comments:

AmyR said...

Hi there Rosie, I have a 7 year old daughter too and she can be soooooo difficult at times. I swear she was BORN with PMS. There are times when I want to ship her off to grandma's for a week, or SOMEWHERE, anywhere. I often have her copy Bible verses, and that tends to calm her down, and I have her help someone else to try to give her a different perspective. Remember, tomorrow is a new day, and hopefully, she'll realize that too! : )
Amy R.

Ginny said...

I don't have any suggestions but know that others are out there! My soon to be 10 year old is very difficult & has been since like 5 or 6. Sorry & just take deep breaths!!! One that has helped a little bit is my daughter is very active in dance. Dance teaches a lot more then just dance. They have to learn to listen, follow directions, work in a group, etc. She has really learned a lot of manners & etiquette this way. The bad side for me is she is a wonderful little girl to her friends & their families. She is a demon at home though, lol. I just love when I get such praise about her from parents, etc. I'm like what that is NOT my kid. Again take care!

Lara said...

You could send her to my house. When she finds out how mean I am she'll think she has it easy at your place!

Rosie said...

Rosie here: Thanks for your kind words. It is nice to know that others understand when we are in those icky places. Hopefull, with all the prayers and work we will survive this time!