Do you ever walk around your house and just realize that you are the only one that actually cares whether it is clean? I do daily. Usually, I don't do it all that pleasantly. It makes me crabby that I am the only one that realizes that a bathroom is close to a health risk and the HAZMAT crew is going to be the next line of defense!
Well, I have been working on my dungeon, better known as my basement. Now, for those of you that haven't been to my house my basement is completely finished. It is a wonderful place. It has a family room, playroom(space under stairs) a bathroom, 2 bedrooms, my studio(junk room) and the laundry room. Sounds wonderful, doesn't it? Well, it becomes the dumping ground for my family. Unfortunately, I am not as diligent at cleaning it as the rest of the house. (not that the rest of the house is always so clean!) We have a ping pong table that many times is covered with STUFF.
Well, yesterday was the day! I started tackling the dungeon. It has been a horrible mess since the beginning of December. With Christmas, I just avoided it, which made it even worse. We all know that any mess laying around gives permission to make MORE messes! Somehow everything mutates! So, I started with the dirty clothes. The laundry room is two feet away, why are there dirty clothes on the floor? Garbage-why do people dump cereal on the floor? For 6 1/2 years we have had the "no eating" except in the kitchen rule.
To say the least it was disgusting. I have the ping pong table now completely covered in mostly stuff going to DI(like goodwill). I have also picked up and removed almost every toy and stuffed animal that my family owns(too many after 15 years). They are all in totes on top of my deep freeze. I am going to actually go through the mound and sort, trash and DI. My little guy just doesn't play with n*ked old barbies! That task will have to wait for another day. Today, is finishing up with the rest of the basement, you know, vacuuming under the cushions(yuck) and stuff like that!
No comments:
Post a Comment