Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Let it Snow!






We can officially stop praying for snow for a little while! We have been walloped with snowstorms again! Today Hubby went plowing in the morning and within two hours it didn't look like anything had been touched!




My friend Sheri and I went to our boot camp class at the gym, hoping that the roads wouldn't be to terrible. They were pretty awful. This is where my upbringing actually pays off. I grew up in Southeastern Idaho. They use no salt on the roads there. Therefore, the roads are terrible from the first snowstorm until April! There is a constant solid pack of snow/ice on the roads at all times. I am pretty comfortable on bad roads, especially in my 4x4 Suburban.However, it took us 45 minutes to go 12 miles! Those are nasty roads!




These are pictures out my back door. I wish that I could actually get a better perspective of how deep this snow truly is. Hubby shoveled this deck completely a few days ago, this is snow from Sunday and Today! It literally was about 2 1/2 feet deep. Even the dog was not about to attempt to go into it. Little J thought it was great fun!


If you look closely at these pictures(color is poor) you will notice the railing. It is a standard height. The snow is MORE than 1/2 way up! The second picture is taken at ground level from inside. That is some snow!

2 comments:

Lara said...

The kids sure are having a blast in it! I hope we don't get more tomorrow because Chris won't be here to shovel me out.

Crissybug said...

Okay...I am so glad I am not where you are! I just can't handle snow. It is too dang cold!