Thursday, January 17, 2008

Where did they go?

January-record snow, cold wind. What do these equate to in your house? In mine it means that many of my children will be playing outside in the snow. We have a few great hills near us so sledding is a very popular thing in the afternoons. Well, Miss #3 needed new snowpants. No big deal, I will go and get her some.

I called three stores and went to three more! Every department store and farm store has already gotten rid of them. It is January! It is snowing! We need snowpants!

So, I had to go to the dreaded sports store, where everything costs a fortune. This is why I went to the last THREE stores. I just wasn't in the mood to spend $92 on a pair of pants for a seven year old. I finally found some basic black ones(have you seen the crazy patterns in good ski/board clothes this year?) and they were actually %50 off so I could stomach them. While searching and searching I found a coat that WAS a good deal. It is a really nice ski coat that retailed at $135 and I bought it for #3 for $33. I didn't feel bad about this. I am a skier and my older two kids board. I understand the value of some of the more expensive clothing. It really does keep you dryer and warmer. However, #3 isn't really to the point of needing this type of expensive gear. I want her warm and dry.

Fast forward to the late afternoon when we are at the ski hill for my Hubbies ward ski party.

"Mom, I can't get my coat to zip" I thought that it was just because it was -10 degrees and her hands were frozen already. No, the little hard plastic thing on the bottom of the zipper was gone!

So, not only do I have to go looking for snow gear once, I have to go again! I am not really a big shopper so this just makes me crazy!



The skiing party was fun--but freezing! It was probably -15*/-20* at the top of the hill. We had a great turnout with lots of people fed.

No comments: