When was the last time you went iceskating? Have you ever gone?
Monday night we went to Salt Lake City to an outdoor skating rink for Family Home Evening with Hubbies church group. It has been eight years since I have been on the ice. The last time #1 child was six years old. We went with my friend and her nine year old daughter. Well, to say the least I was TERRIBLE! My poor daughter was almost crushed to death when I fell on top of her. She still remembers this event. She reminds me of it often!
So, I was going to be old and not put on the skates. Then I decided that I should just try, I don't want to be one of the "OLD" Mom's that won't do anything. #2 and #4 children had never been skating before. They were so hesitant but they picked it up pretty quickly. Poor little Miss #3, she fell and fell. She was such a good sport however, she didn't get frustrated and want to quit. She just kept going and going. By the time we left she was going pretty quickly around the rink. Mr. #2 picked it up quick. He is quite athletic so he does pretty well with most physical things he trys.
Here are a few pictures from the event. I was messing around with settings so some of the images aren't that great.
The picture of the large group is the entire group doing the "Hokie Pokie!" It was so funny to watch. We had a great turnout. They are a great group of people!
If you haven't been skating for awhile. Consider doing it with your family. I am sure that there is a rink somewhere near you!
No comments:
Post a Comment