
This has been a good week. Is my house clean? No. I have decided to really change my focus. Perhaps it isn't actually my focus as much as it is my reason.
This past week my new Smart Habits Saturday goal was to find more personal enjoyment in my life. Well, I believe that I made a great start. I found snippets of time here and there and I actually enjoyed myself. I have sewed on my bags. They are all so close to being finished. A few more bits of time and they will be complete.
There is a book that I want to read. It is called Living with Intention. Perhaps you are familiar with it. I had a conversation with my friend, Tina yesterday. I was telling her about going to the "maturation" class for my fifth grader (eek). I really remember when I went to that class and I will be turning the big 40 this year! If I don't start to really LIVE my life instead of letting my life control me, I am going to be 80 years old still complaining that I can't get my dishes and laundry done so I just don't have time to paint! I don't want to live my life this way. I want to "live with intention".
I frequent a blog called homegrown hospitality and the author Stephanie is quite an artist. She has posted the most darling doodle today. It perfectly describes how I want to live my life.
The quote is attributed to Mary Anne Radmacher.
So-- my kitchen, floors and bathrooms aren't as clean as I like but my children are improving their skills, I listened and read my scriptures, I bought tablets to write thoughts on. I read many books to my children,my family had Family Home Evening and we had family scripture study once. I made meals, gave and received many hugs and kisses. I talked with my own Momma on the phone, I sent an email and I scanned over 300 old pictures. I sewed, read, took pictures, went to baseball, had lunch at school with my 2nd grader. I went to parent/teacher conference with my 5th grader and I watched my 3 year old jump on the trampoline. I took a sick doggie to the vet,I went to the gym and I went to Costco. I tucked my babies into bed, went to a card making class with my Mother in law, I saw sunshine and snowflakes and I told my family I loved them.
It has been a good week.
For more Smart Habits Saturday visit the Lazy Organizer.
This past week my new Smart Habits Saturday goal was to find more personal enjoyment in my life. Well, I believe that I made a great start. I found snippets of time here and there and I actually enjoyed myself. I have sewed on my bags. They are all so close to being finished. A few more bits of time and they will be complete.
There is a book that I want to read. It is called Living with Intention. Perhaps you are familiar with it. I had a conversation with my friend, Tina yesterday. I was telling her about going to the "maturation" class for my fifth grader (eek). I really remember when I went to that class and I will be turning the big 40 this year! If I don't start to really LIVE my life instead of letting my life control me, I am going to be 80 years old still complaining that I can't get my dishes and laundry done so I just don't have time to paint! I don't want to live my life this way. I want to "live with intention".
I frequent a blog called homegrown hospitality and the author Stephanie is quite an artist. She has posted the most darling doodle today. It perfectly describes how I want to live my life.
The quote is attributed to Mary Anne Radmacher.So-- my kitchen, floors and bathrooms aren't as clean as I like but my children are improving their skills, I listened and read my scriptures, I bought tablets to write thoughts on. I read many books to my children,my family had Family Home Evening and we had family scripture study once. I made meals, gave and received many hugs and kisses. I talked with my own Momma on the phone, I sent an email and I scanned over 300 old pictures. I sewed, read, took pictures, went to baseball, had lunch at school with my 2nd grader. I went to parent/teacher conference with my 5th grader and I watched my 3 year old jump on the trampoline. I took a sick doggie to the vet,I went to the gym and I went to Costco. I tucked my babies into bed, went to a card making class with my Mother in law, I saw sunshine and snowflakes and I told my family I loved them.
It has been a good week.
For more Smart Habits Saturday visit the Lazy Organizer.
5 comments:
This is a great post, I need to do this too. Have a great weekend!
Toni
Rosie, why does it takes us so long to learn something so simple? Enjoy life! Don't sweat the small stuff. (these are reminders to myself) I'm reading a book called The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. Buy it, read it. Good Stuff!
Love you Rosie, Keep up the great work! You're awesome!
Nice. Very nice. And I appreciate the reminder about how much a person can actually accomplish in only fifteen or twenty minutes. I have some chaos of my own I need to clean up. :)
I love your blog design, by the way. It's so cheerful!
That is a beautiful post!
"Living With Intention" sounds like a very inspiring book. I will definitely need to look into.
Enjoy enjoying your life more :) !! I need to do the same thing.
Post a Comment