
I love blogging! I love writing down random thoughts and observations. However, I have chosen for my blog to be public. Therefore there are LOTS of things that I choose not to write about. Super personal things or things that are sacred to myself or my family. I used to be a journal writer. Then I stopped. The only excuse that I have is that I got out of the habit, life got in the way and I just chose not to do it. I believe that personal journals are very important. I have been admonished to keep a personal journal and personal history in my life.
I have learned about an interesting site. It is called LDS Journal. It is a free online private personal journal. It is a very new service so it is still developing, however, it has some wonderful features. It is stored online so if there is a catastrophe(fire, flood, etc) you still have your journals. You can print daily or you can wait and have it bound for you. It is free--that is always appealing! (there will be a fee for having the book printed and bound). There are questions that you can answer-prompt types of questions. You can have emails or text messages sent to you to remind you to journal. You can journal from any internet connection, not just your own personal computer. You can even do an entry from a mobile phone(that would take me hours! I am not up to speed on texting yet.) You can give your entries key words or tags so that you can find things later on. You can add pictures, videos etc.
I decided to check it out last night. I wrote about what happened eighteen years ago on our wedding day. I wrote details. I wrote personal, sacred feelings. I can type faster than I can write with a pen. I wrote three entire pages. I wouldn't have kept writing for that long if I was doing it longhand.
I don't know if this format is something that I will be able to continue but I figured that it was worth a try. I certainly could use help with my current system!
If you are interested in learning more go to ldsjournal.com
2 comments:
It sounds like a great resource! I am so grateful that I have kept up with my blog for so many years. It's the only record I have of our life. Although I can't write extremely personal things at least I try to make it interesting since other people are reading it NOW. One thing my blog is missing is our spiritual experiences. I really need to find a way to get those recorded. Let me know if this keeps working for you.
I hadn't heard of this site before, I like the idea of writing prompts - they really get your memory going. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment