Tuesday was my 40th birthday! Yes, I dare say it! To this point I have never been embarrassed about my age. I grew up with a Mom that didn't feel it necessary to hide her age. I hope that I can be so gracious!
Well, our life is a little nuts at times. OK, all the time! With Sweetness as a Bishop, four children, preschool and scouts there is always something going on.
Last week I asked my sweet hubby if he would take Friday or Monday off so we could go and do something for my birthday. I knew that Tuesday wouldn't be great because I teach and he has Bishop obligations. Well, he didn't jump at the chance. He him hawed around about it being the end of the month, he was going fishing at the end of next week, etc. etc. I asked him if he was giving me a party and he said no--Do you want one" yes, I said!" So we looked at a calendar and decided that it would have to wait until he got home from fishing and I would have to do it myself because he isn't creative like that.
I was a bit disappointed but such is life. He is a super busy guy. I will cut him some slack.
Tuesday morning #2 and I go to the gym at 5:15 am. We work out and then arrive home. Mr. Sweetness is sitting there in the chair freshly showered and dressed. He hands me a birthday card--nothing else. I was hoping that he went and bought me a laptop! I am reading the silly card and finally get to the last page.
It says, "Go get ready, we are leaving in thirty minutes!" I look at him and ask "are you serious?" Yes-but you actually have about an hour!" I look at the piece of paper with the card and we are going to San Diego, CA!!!!!

I have a little moment of freaking out---what about preschool--15 parents to call, scouts to call, children to arrange, therapy pickup, football, piano etc.!!!!
"It is all handled-get in the shower!"
So, I do! I get ready, pack enough for one day-carry on only. My sweet #2 Man-boy brings me in a piece of chocolate cake with an "over the hill" candle and has me blow it out. (Sad I didn't get a picture of him with it!) We give everyone kisses and leave for the airport!
I was TOTALLY SURPRISED! I am usually quite aware of what my Sweet hubby is doing. He isn't very good at keeping secrets. He will just him haw around things. Like, where would you like to go if you could go on a little vacation? I suspected NOTHING!
We get to the airport, eat breakfast. Board plane and I sleep! (not terribly romantic!)
We get to San Diego and go to get the rental car---it is a CONVERTIBLE!!!! It was so much fun!

We drive to the room, it is on a little jetty type of island surrounded by beautiful yaughts. Our room is around a little walkway with old trees, tropical flowering plants, little stepping stones and looks directly to the water!


We open the door and there is the biggest bouquet of roses I have ever seen! He ordered me 40 roses! 40!( I told him the next time I get this many roses it will probably be on my casket!) A little bit later six chocolate covered strawberries arrive! He just thought of everything!


We went to Pacific beach, one of our favorite little places. It has such a beachy, surfer flair to it. We walked the boardwalk, then walked the beach. It was a perfect weather day. There was a breeze, but just the right amount so that we weren't too hot. There were tons of kite surfers that were so interesting to watch. We just sat and soaked in the beautiful sunshine and drank in the fresh smell of the ocean.

After spending most of the day at the beach we decided to go to Old Town San Diego. We have been there before. There is a Mexican restaurant that we like to go to. It is in the center of this old Spanish mission. It is an open air restaurant with flowers, birds etc.
After dinner we came back to the hotel and went to the hot tub--very very hot. ( I don't do that kind of heat)
The rest of the night will remain unblogged!
Wednesday morning we went back to Pacific Beach to Kono's. It is just a really surfer/beachy breakfast place. They give you more food than you should eat!, and it is so good. We go to look at my favorite bike shop and it wasn't open yet. I was sad--someday I am going to get one of these cool beach cruiser bikes!

It was a fabulous birthday! My Mr. Sweetness really outdid himself! I am a very lucky girl!

My sweet niece blogged about me and my birthday on her blog--check it out--funny old pictures and some bad new pictures! Love you Chrikee!
5 comments:
It looks like you guys had sooo much fun! Dave's an alright guy. ;) It was a very good birthday surprise!
The picture of you was one on our cd's from Blink. They have kept rescheduling, so we still haven't gotten our edited pictures or book back. So hopefully we do sometime this month. :)
Happy Belated Birthday!!! Glad Dave was able to surprise you. Love ya, Gina
You're a lucky girl. Happy B-day again. I didn't realize it was the biggie! I would have sent a card! (maybe)
Post a Comment