Friday, October 06, 2006

Big Picture

In the big picture of life I wonder if Heavenly Father knew that if we were fully aware of how difficult parenting can be at times that many of us would have chosen not to participate. So, instead he had us begin as babies, which everyone loves! I am not saying that I wish I were not a mother, not at all. My children bring me so much joy, however, being a parent is hard sometimes. As a Mom I get tired of being the heavy all the time. I am the one that is there to make sure that piano, homework, chores, etc. are done. I am the one that tells the teenager no, alot. I sometimes wish that I could be a really fun, crazy, non-responsible Aunt that says, ok, whatever! And then goes and does her own thing! Then again, I know that as the Mom, that is not how you raise children! I have a cousin who's wife decided she didn't want to be the parent, she wanted to play. Well, who suffers? Her exhusband and 3 children.

So, in light of my plight, I am running away for the weekend with my sweet husband and leaving my darling children with the Grandma. I hope that she survives! Perhaps with a couple days away we will be reenergized and ready to keep on keeping on!!!

No comments: