
It is a beautiful COLD morning. I have also awakened with the same cold baby has had. Drats-I am mother, I am not allowed to be sick. Hopefully, it won't be too bad!
I was walking behind little boy blue this morning after getting him out of his crib, looking at his soft blonde hair bouncing. I just have to touch it! He is still so little I just want to absorb his closeness to heaven.
The big kids and Dad are doing a ATV/Motorcycle test. It will be cold for them but they will do well. They were out of school yesterday and it was a really long day. Miss A just doesn't know what to do with herself when she doesn't have all her friends. She was online for awhile, which I am not thrilled with, so I locked the computer down. She was beside herself. I talked with her about finding a creative outlet. She said, "I am not creative", I told her that is so not true. She has gotten into the habit of not doing anything creative. Well, she did sit down and draw a picture, pretty good too.
I have been thinking that I need to find something that interests her creatively. perhaps get her some sketching pads and good charcoal pencils. I have also thought about taking her to a scrapbooking class or something. I would love that and we really need something that we can do together that she doesn't think I am old and dumb.
I read something the other day about a cute gal that felt she had her 4 year old girl all figured out, I sure hope so. I know that I do not have my 13yr old figured out! It is a difficult emotional time and I struggle to know how hard to hold on and what doesn't really matter. I know that there are some things that do really matter and others that don't so much. The question is to really know the difference.
I am trying to not stress and keep my faith in Heavenly Father. I know that he hears us and I need to ask for his help more.
Life is full of questions, isn't it?
5 comments:
Sorry about the cold. I have hear that the saline nasal spray will help prevent a sinus infection...maybe that would help. I am with you, my kids are 23 and 25...just when you think you have them figured out...they change. The teen years were the worst. I will say an extra prayer for you.
I would love to get Kate in some art classes. She goes out into the field to draw pictures of the horses. One day Love scribbled all over one of her drawings so I asked Kate if she could just copy it over again. She said, of course not! She had to go look at the horses to draw another one! Because her drawings are so completely life like you know.
Do you know of any classes for our budding artists? I'm still thinking about the clogging thing.
Oh no, you have a cold too! Watch out because I have been sick for two months.
I don't know about any but E is loving her art again. She drew all day. Maybe we should have "art day" with the two of them. We take turns having them over and give them some big paper(or stuff) and let them have at it! Just an idea!
I hope that this cold goes away, I think Hubby is getting it.
I think it's great that you're looking for creative outlets for your daughter. When I was that age, my very busy mom took the time to teach me how to sew and decorate cakes. I loved the new skills but especially loved the time with my mom.
(In response to your comment on my blog, it was the Heber Creeper. But now they call it the Heber Valley Railroad, which isn't nearly as fun to say.)
Post a Comment