Thursday, May 31, 2007

Summer has Begun!

Summer has officially begun at our house! We had a bbq outside, the kids played outside until it was dark and cold, the cousins have hung out, the adults visited(even with the blankets and jackets-it gets cold quickly at night here). It is late, late, late and some of this family is still awake, not just the Momma! Summer, endless summer!

We had a nice afternoon at my Mother in laws retirement party. Everyone said nice things and she was glad to have all of us there. Our Sister in Law came from Colorado--a total surprise! It was one of those priceless moments when she walked in-It made J cry!

I spoke to my brother yesterday. His daughter graduated this last week. How could that have happened? She was the darling little curly-headed girl at my wedding.
Remember when you were a teen and everyone always said how fast you were growing and you just looked at them like--NOT FAST ENOUGH! Well, I have completely crossed over. I have been out of highschool for more than 5 times longer than I was in highschool. My baby is 14 years old. I met my sweetie when I was *17*(yes, I was a very young graduate) OK, that is just icky to think that my daughter could meet someone within 3-5 years that she wants to spend her life with. Just for the record, I was almost 22 when we got married! When those little babies are placed in your arms you think that they will be yours forever. They are in your heart but the reality is that you really only get them as yours alone for about 10 years. After that they seem to start to separate from you. You have them in your home longer than that but it is not the same as when they were younger. I realize that this is a good thing. I don't want them living with me as adults. I want them to move out and have their own lives-but it is so hard to watch your babies become big people.

A favorite saying of mine is something that I struggle with-perhaps others do as well.
Enjoy the journey!

We have to take a few moments to just enjoy or those moments will be gone forever!

No comments: