Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What a whirlwind weekend!
We started out Friday evening after tennis lessons-we made it to the campground in good time. We made dinner, sat by a fire, roasted old marshmallows(they don't work well) and all those sit in the woods kind of things.
Saturday morning we realized that we had no life jackets(duh!). We called Poppa who is our life saver often and he came and we spent the morning on the water. The wind picked up terribly so we decided to get off the water. That was a nightmare. The wind was making the water have terrible waves. Try holding a boat away from the dock so it wouldn't bang the boat-not easy! As soon as we were loaded up and leaving the wind started to die down! Isn't that our luck? We went back to camp, had a nice lunch and decided to try it again. It was a nice afternoon. The water was ICE cold! The wild #2 children(mine and his cousin) rode the tube and loved it! We ate a nice supper and then headed home for the night. With hubbies church responsibilities he needed to be in church. So, we went to church and headed back Sunday evening. Unfortunately, Saturday after the boat ride we looked inside the motor compartment. It wasn't good. Water is getting into the motor-that is bad! So, no boat for Monday! Oh,well! We took the jet skis and had fun anyway.
Our kids are true water babies. They just love the water. I wasn't feeling the best, I caught little boys cold.
I am glad that we are able to spend time playing with our kids. I hope that they will want to continue to play with us-it is harder and harder once they get older. Our oldest already wants to go other places sometimes. We want to be the FUN place.

Now that I have bored you with my weekend I will stop!

I do miss going to the cemetery with my Mom. I have always been one to go with her and walk around and listen to the who and what. Memorial Day is a very special day to remember those that have fought for our freedoms and to celebrate those that have passed before.

No comments: