Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tired

Tired! I am so tired today! We went on a hike last night for Family Home Evening. It was supposed to be an easy little hike. Well, it was a beautiful, glorious hike-that was also twice as long as anticipated and four times as steep and rocky! We took little Missy with us. We started the hike at 7:00pm and got back to the car at 10:10! That was a late night. Missy should have been in bed hours before that! Oh, well, she did so great! She really was a trouper. My lower back is sore and Daddy's knee is really hurting. It was longer and harder than anticipated, yet, it was a really great hike.

I was feeling quite "wo is me" yesterday. For no real reason except that I have a messy house and it never seems to really change! The hike seemed to use some energy, perhaps get those endorphins going-which is so important. Perhaps I can keep focused and realize that the mess that is my life IS my life. It isn't who I am, but maintenance is just a fact of life. Not always a fun, exciting part but still vital!

I was tagged awhile ago for 7 things you wouldn't know about me.

1. I am the youngest of four
2. I went to college in Hawaii( and 4 other Universities!-yes, I was a flake)
3. When I was 12 I was hit by a truck while riding my bike. I landed on my face. Luckily, I had no head injury(maybe that is my problem, an undiagnosed head injury)just lacerations and a hurt knee-I spent 4 days in the hospital.
4. I have a college degree(elementary ed.& special ed) yet I don't know what I want to be when I grow up!
5. I am a wannabe photographer.
6. I was a state officer for Future Homemakers of America in HS. Too bad it was a leadership club more than a way of actually helping me to run my household!!
7. I am a scrapbook supply collector-I keep thinking that I am really going to have time to do my hobby. I love it but don't make time for it! I have to really restrain myself from purchasing things that I love, yet know that I won't be using anytime soon.

I don't actually know anyone to tag that hasn't been so---think of 7 things about yourself. Perhaps write them down. Your family might think they are funny in 15 years!

I am going to go and fold the MOUND of laundry that has accumulated. At least it is clean!

1 comment:

Crissybug said...

Thanks for playing along. I am also a scrapbook supply collector! Someday I might actually do something with all that stuff...though I am leaning toward the digital realm of scrapbooking!

And don't worry...I feel the same way about my house. I feel like it is a neverending mess. It will get better. Just don't give up!