Monday, May 21, 2007

What to do?

This is a really scary world. I have some information that I wish I didn't have. I know things that would shock and scare anyone over 35. Things that are so common place that I have a sick knot in my stomach most of the time.
How do we live in this horrible world but not be OF this terrible place? I know the basic answer to that question. Read my scriptures, say my prayers, listen to good music, keep myself away from evil---these are things we know. However, the reality is much harder. The reality of teaching children is so much more difficult. There is nowhere safe for our children except our homes-if we make them safe. I am not a homeschooler yet. However, I understand it and embrace it. I live in a community that looks good, it acts good, it has strong, devout people in it. Yet, it has the same horrible element that the rest of the world has. Unfortunately, I think that many of us are turning a blind eye to things.
Just a bit of depressing info for a Monday.

1 comment:

Crissybug said...

What a bummer! It is never fun to know something that you wish you could just take back! I hope there are brighter days ahead for you!