Thursday, October 26, 2006

Worry or Blessings




Are women hardwired to worry? I had a chat with a friend today about this. I think that I came to the conclusion that we are. It is our role as mothers to nurture but sometimes to nurture we have to worry about it for awhile before we know how and what to do. Men are different. They are compartmentalized. They can look at one aspect of a problem and decide if they can do anything about it, if they can't they move on. We as women have to look at the HUGE picture, we worry about 18 years from now instead of what we can do today!

So, how do we continue to nurture but not worry ourselves sick?

I am quite a spiritual person. I pray, I read, I go to church, I try and teach my children. I try and lead a fairly good life. I slip and occasionally let a cuss word out(not proud of that). However, what do we do to just look at the blessings in life and keep going?

So, in answer to my own question I am going to find a few blessings. I have done this before on this blog. I need to remind myself!

1. I am healthy
2. my children are healthy
3. we have a home
4. WE live in the country on a dead end street!
5. We have many dear friends. (Hi, Renae!-my lurker friend)
6. I have many beautiful views!

just a few for now! Lets try and find some blessings!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Now those are blessings that could put a smile on anyones face! I was blessed by your beautiful pictures and the love that I see between mother and child. Enjoy every little blessing because they grow up so fast! I think instead of worries it might just be planning on your part. That planning will make you one super mom...plus you have God on your side! It doesn't get better than that.

amy gretchen said...

Cute photos.

I too need to remind myself of the blessing I've been given. Too often I feel like I focus on the frustration. Thanks I need that today.

Amanda said...

Thanks for the great reminder of what really is important! Your pictures are so precious too.

Thanks for visiting my blog, it is nice to "meet" you.

Lara said...

We do have the perfect lives don't we. I don't think it gets any better than this.

Just watch your mouth at Scouts would you! I wouldn't want to have to talk to the bishop about you.