Wow, another week beginning!
Today was actually fairly calm-especially considering the week I had!
I had a long talk with my almost 14 year old daughter tonight. It was one of those talks, just random stuff that is important or not so important. Why am I telling you this? Because my first instinct was that it was way past bedtime. She is usually not a talker(to me) so I just let her. I am so glad that I did. I learned a few things that are quite important.
Do you think that many times we are just in too big of a hurry to listen? I know that I am. Sometimes after having #3 talking to me for hours I just want her to not talk anymore. Do you think that we are also like that with our Heavenly Father? We just don't take the time to listen. I know it is true for me.
With all the noise in our lives we have to make a concious effort to turn off the noise and listen. I am going to try harder this week to listen. Perhaps that will be a new habit that I am going to work on. Listening-to my children, Husband and my Heavenly Father.
(if you want to make some new habits go to the Lazy Organizer's site for Smart Habit Saturday)
1 comment:
I listen so much that I can't have my own thoughts most days! I'm trying to teach my kids that they might learn more if they will shut their mouths and listen!
I'm happy you had such a great talk with your girl. My sister has a 14 year old that's not a talker, except with her friends. I can't relate because all my girls do is talk!
We need to get E and K together one of these days. They seem to be getting along great at Church. Do you guys want to go to the gym tonight? K takes that exercise class at 4:30 and has been loving it.
Post a Comment