Thursday, June 21, 2007

Girls Camp

Do any of you remember Girls Camp? Well, I got to go last night to spend the evening with my 14 year old at Girls camp.(church camp LDS for girls 12-18) It was a fun evening. It was so nice to see all the girls having so much fun. This time in their lives is so full of difficult choices that it is so refreshing to see them being fun and silly and just playing. I am so glad that the big girl went. Those that didn't really missed out on a great experience.

2 comments:

Crissybug said...

Girls camp rocks. My husband is in the bishopric so I got to go for an evening earlier this month too.

I miss the days of carefree life, and Camp had alot of memories...and testimony building experiences. Those who don't go really do miss out!

Kassie said...

Hated girls camp when I was in YW. Now I know what I was missing. I have gone twice as a leader and several times with DH when he was in the bishopric. I love the spiritual emphasis they put on it now. When I went it was really just camping, with little spirituality involved.....wish they'd tweak scout camp to be a bit more spiritual for the boys as well. Glad you got to go and that your DD went too. Hopefully she'll have great memories from it.