What a day! I decided that I was going to leave the mess(pictures should go here but my camera isn't hooked up!) and work on the built in desks for the kids bedrooms. After taking the Big Girl to tennis I started sanding the boards. I should have done this before I painted--hello. I know these things but sometimes we have brain cramps! Anyway, I started sanding and sanding and sanding. I then went back to pick up the Girl! I spent the next 7 hours working on painting stuff in the garage! Of course, during that time we had lunch, snacks, second lunch, snacks again. I also had to constantly be checking on the whereabouts of everyone. I really do understand why it costs so much to have people do work for you. The labor! These desks have taken more time than I ever dreamed. I haven't even installed them yet! I have only painted everything!
At 5:30 the sweet hubby comes home and looks at the mess in the garage and says "it looks like a true artist lives here!" I wish! At this point I start dinner, unload the dishwasher, load it back up--eewwh what was that smell? Clean off the counter and then feed everyone---on PAPER PLATES!
After dinner I decided that I was going to go and mow the weeds down in my "Garden of Potential." They are almost as tall as I am. This weed patch is not a tiny little spot, it is actually bigger than my old yard! I have grand plans for this wonderful space, just not the time (or help) to actually get to it. I used to be good at keeping the weeds sprayed with RoundUp and I also used pre-emergent stuff. Well,after having the baby I just haven't been able to get to it. Then the old lawn mower died. That was two summers ago! So, to say the least it is a mess! We bought a cheap push mower and I decided to go for it. I worked for at least 1 1/2 hours and got it 1/2 done! The mower and I ran out of gas.
After I mowed the weeds I decided to sit down and attack some of the weeds in my flower bed. It is a beautiful bed that surrounds our back patio. I got behind this spring, very behind and then I went to Germany for 10 days! That was the time that I usually do the early weeding--well, here we are, almost July and I am so paying for it! Oh,well!
So this has been a very busy day. My house is still a wreck, there is still laundry that isn't finished, but a few of the projects that weigh on me are a bit further down the road! Perhaps I will take a picture tomorrow of the "garden" with the mowing 1/2 finished, just to show how awful the weeds really are! I will have to hook up my camera! I have numerous pictures to share but, well-that is my life!
Oh! I was actually able to get into my wonderful big tub!(my back was killing me!) That is almost a miracle! Let's hope that tomorrow I can make some more progress! I just want to get these desks in and the shelves up! Laundry would also be good.
1 comment:
Sounds like you've been working hard! Is the painting all done then?
Post a Comment