Wow, this week has gone so fast! The first full week of summer vacation. We have played and played and made many messes. The weather was wonderful at the beginning and then turned COLD! I am hoping that we will get some more beautiful weather!
It is time again for Smart Habit Saturday sponsored by the Lazy Organizer my friend Lara.
This last week I decided to try and eliminate artificial sweeteners from my diet. Mainly this meant no more diet soda.
How have I done with this? I have done super!!! I have not had even ONE diet coke. I think I might have had a swallow of hubbies on Monday-not sure however. Since then I have not had any pop. I did break and have a bit of a REAL full sugar coke. It was so sweet it about gagged me! I also couldn't really enjoy it because I kept thinking of all the sugar in it. So, I am doing great. Also, I do think that it may actually have abit to do with my stomach problems. I have had a really good week. Not one really bad day. That is amazing. It isn't like I have problems every day but every few days. So, I am keeping a little log(maybe I should actually write it on paper instead of in my mind) about my stomach.
So, this week my new habit is to drink MORE WATER! Not terribly original but healthy. I did good this week but I feel like I should drink even more. I am going to figure out a way to chart how much I am actually drinking. Perhaps I have been drinking more than I thought!
My other main habit I have been working on all year is my counter. I did so so this week. It is just such a daily thing that I get so tired of it. It helps my attitude if it is clean so I know that I need to work harder on it.
Another habit that has been in process is exercising. I did quite lousy this week. I went Monday and Tuesday and then no more. I have to figure out how to get this to also be a habit again. It is more difficult now that I am dealing with all 4 of my children. I usually go in the morning after the big kids are in school. Now that they are home it is harder to get there. I don't want to make excuses, I just want to get there. So, a new emphasis this week-if I can't get to the gym I need to run from home!
If you are interested in more good ideas check out the Lazy Organizer.
9 comments:
Congrats on not having any artificial sweeteners. That is wonderful. Congrats, too, on drinking more water. I find I drink more water when I drink less of other things.
Good luck with your other goals this week!
Great on this week's goal.
I find that a plastic 32 ozs cup (like the gas station kind) filled with ice and water three times works great. But just two of those would give you 8, 8ozs glasses of H2O.
Aren't you glad we get to start fresh each week? I know I am. Good luck on your exercise & water this week. I fill my filtered pitcher & aim to drink the whole thing throughout the day. I'm not sure how much it holds though, I should measure it out next time. If you can't get to the gym daily you can incorporate the kids into your exercise routine on the off days. Taking a walk while they walk/ride/skate or sit in a stroller. It may not be as much activity as the gym but it's something. Have a great week!
Good job on your goal last week! You did great!! And good luck on this week.
eliminating artificial sweeteners is a great idea - they are actually LESS healthy than sugar and many have been connected with cancer risks (I find thinking about that helps me avoid them...)
Wow--a whole week without soda. I'm impressed! I'm glad it has helped you feel better.
Way to go! Exercising when all the kids are home is hard. Either take them with you or find some fun outdoor games to play together. I've also told my older girls to tell me to "take a hike Mom" if I haven't exercised by 4pm. They love being able to 'legally' say that to me and I get the reminder to go walking.
I'm so glad you are doing well cutting out the sodas. They are deadly!
I hope to get to the gym more often next week too. I only went three time this week. I just can't make myself go running outside! Why don't you come up here and go with me?
I'm glad you did so well on cutting out the artificial sweeteners. I need to go back and work on that myself.
Good luck with your exercising!
Slava Bogu!
Post a Comment