I learned something very interesting today. So, I will share!
I have been having a lot of heel pain in my left foot. I believe that it is plantar facitis. Well, it has been getting worse in the last three weeks. A gal in my class has it also and she told me about a performance shoe store that she went to and it has helped her. So, I went.
The first thing he did is ask me when I bought my shoes. I bought them the beginning of January to start my class. He then asked me if they were on sale. Why, yes they were! He said that the shoes are actually a very good pair of shoes but they are last years model which means that they are old. I looked at him funny. I bought them new. Yes, however, with the new material that they make the soles(impact spot) out of it starts to deteriorate. He said that I probably only had about two weeks life left in them! I couldn't believe it.
He says that that is why large retailers of good shoes will have these really great sales. They need to get rid of the shoes because they know about their life span.
He also did a standing test etc. to see how I walk. The shoes didn't support my feet in the right places.
So, the moral to this story? Go somewhere and find a specialist and have your feet measured and checked. I will let you know how my feet feel. I hope better very soon!
2 comments:
Very interesting! Who would have thought?
Hey,found this out the hard way. 4 weeks before my race last year. Almost thought I couldn't run. Got fitted now I know the type of shoe I'm suppose to have and things have been good.
So are you in for training with me via blogspot?
Come on???!!!!
Post a Comment