
December Daily--December 13, 2008
We left Boise early in the morning so that we would be back in plenty of time to pick up Mr. Man(#2) from the ski hill.
We ended up having to drive quite slowly in places due to icy roads. To take my mind off of the roads and let Mr. Sweetness drive without me panicking, I read out loud a new book we picked up. It is called The Purpose of Christmas by Rick Warren.
This is a non-denominational Christian book. It was definitely worth the read. I would recommend it to anyone. It isn't a light and fluffy Christmas book, however, it could be quite life altering if one took the things and really incorporated them into one's life. If you are a studying Christian at all these purposes are not new. We already know them, however, Mr. Warren has put them together in a way that really is wonderful.
Four hours later we were still running behind. We headed up a windy narrow canyon to get to the ski hill. The storm had been raging for quite a few hours so the roads were treacherous(as my Mom likes to say!) We actually lost control once on a corner and almost had a disastrous crash. Luckily, Mr. Sweetness is a great driver and was able to maneuver the suburban during the spin. We only ended up with a tiny scratch on the side of the car. The rest of the drive to and from the ski hill was horrible as well. Mr.Sweetness was a wreck when we finally got home. However, we had to rush into the house, change clothes and go to the annual Christmas piano recital.
Both Mr. Man and MissE were performing. We literally arrived at our house at 1:45 p.m., changed and arrived at the church at 1:55 p.m. That is cutting it close!
Both the kids played their memorized pieces well. I believe that this is the year that Man is going to really excel in his piano. He doesn't' realize it but I do. His teacher and I feel that he can really be pushed now.
My how I love a man that can play the piano!
1 comment:
How scary!!! I'm glad you survived. I hate driving in bad weather. The only thing worse is driving 8 hours in a blizzard when you have the stomach flu which I have done.
Post a Comment