December Daily-December 18, 2008
I am constantly reminded that as a preschool teacher I am working with little people that are basically not capable of doing much for themselves. They still want me to wipe their bums---I refuse. They must do that, I am not their mother.
Today I had a darling little ornament project for them. I had printed out the pictures I took of them in a Santa hat. I had one of those little foamy packs. It had trees, and all the little things to decorate them. The kit also came with letters to spell out their names. Well, I knew that glue doesn't really work well on the foam. So, I would just use eyelets to attach the picture. It would be fast with my Crop a dile eyelet setter.
WRONG! It took much too long and I could feel the tension increasing by the second. I got the pictures attached and then started having the children put their names on--this was too hard. I ended up putting the names on 16 out of 18 ornaments! By the second session I had learned a few things.
I didn't let them choose the color of tree, I just gave it to them.
I didn't use eyelets. I used a big brad.
I didn't even try to have the afternoon class help with their names, I just did it myself.
After the pictures and names were on I let them go to town with the other little ornaments, bows etc. They were able to do that and they turned out darling. However, this is one project that will be totally altered if I ever do it again--at least with 3-5 year olds!
No comments:
Post a Comment