
December Daily-December 23,2008
I feel like Christmas jumped ahead of me this year! In early November I felt so prepared. I had a plan and a few things taken care of. Then came black Friday shopping, more things marked off the list. Then---it is days before Christmas and I feel like I need another month.
I think that that reason I need another month is because NOW, I am ready to actually just sit and soak in the beauty of the season. Perhaps another year I will remember this, get the chores done early-all the wrapping done, house cleaned(still waiting on this one) etc. Do all these things way ahead of time. Oh, wait---I am not in a dream world! I am the one that has to actually do all those things. Along with homework, preschool, laundry----all these things have to be done OVER AND OVER AND OVER!
Oh, well! Here we are--the day before Christmas Eve. I believe that we are as ready as we are going to be. We have some special treats in the house, there is some wrapping going on. There are a few presents showing up under the tree(not too many--too many nosy bodies!)A Hallmark movie is playing. The house is pretty much a wreck and I have decided that I am not going to stress out about it.
Just a head's up-don't wait until the day before Christmas Eve to mail packages. It can be done but not recommended!
No comments:
Post a Comment