Thursday, December 11, 2008

December Daily--December 10, 2008

I feel that sometimes we get a little hung up on the Norman Rockwell portrait of what December is supposed to look like. Everything is beautiful. Everyone is beautiful. There is peace and happiness and there is a constant angelic glow surrounding everyone and everything.

This is my life.--- Sometimes it is messy. It is always loud. Today brought new satelitte dishes(Mr. Sweetness' business not mine) , making pumpkin rolls for a party, picking up old couches from my sister-just in case another sibling needs them. Dropping boys off to scouts, picking up girls from dance, taking more girls to dance. Making mounds of salt dough clay for preschool , bath time, homework checking, reading, etc.
My life doesn't look like a Norman Rockwell painting---it looks more like the Griswald Family Christmas!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this post. Probably because even if I'm not quite as busy as you, it's still nice to know I'm not the only one who is unable to attain the Norman Rockwell vision of Christmastime. I left a little something for you on my blog, so feel free to stop by and have a peek when you get a chance.